What services are offered to patients?
At the HANDS clinic the following services are provided to patients:
How to become a patient
The HANDS Clinic may provide health care at no charge to you. To be eligible, you must be a resident of St. Lucie County, 19-64 years of age, have lived in St. Lucie County continuously for the past six (6) months, and be within a certain income bracket. You may qualify if you do not have any health insurance, Medicaid or Medicare, and do not qualify for Veterans benefits.
Necessary Documents to Apply
With current Saint Lucie County address: Driver’s License OR State ID.
- If PO Box is address, then proof of actual residence
We must have the applicant’s card.
- If you do not have your Social Security Card, call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213
- Local phone # 772-336-2960;
- 6810 S US 1, Port St. Lucie, FL 34952; 8:30am–3:30pm M-F
- Original of Current Electric or Telephone Bill
- Lease or letter of support from person providing shelter
- 2 pieces of official mail from government agency or bank
- Must bring proof of income for BOTH spouses
- 1 month of current pay stubs
- Letter from your employer on letterhead stating your current wages.
- Letters from friends, relatives, agencies that provide you with money, food, clothing and/or shelter. These must be signed and dated with the dollar value/amount of support provided per week or month.
Click here to view a Sample Letter
- Social Security, Alimony, Child Support, Unemployment, Workers’ Compensation, Disability verification.
If you are not currently working:
- A letter of support must be filled out from whoever is providing help with shelter, bills, food, etc. The letter must have a dollar value of support provider per month and be signed. (attach letter of support, for example)
If you recently lost your job:
- You will need proof of termination of employment or termination of unemployment benefits
You may apply online at
or go to an Access Florida Office at the following locations:
1203 Orange Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL
2520 Orange Avenue
Fort Pierce, FL
You will receive a denial letter within 30 days of the application. The letter may appear online sooner, so it is important to keep your username and password for login.
It is very important that you bring ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to your screening session. Without these documents, we cannot determine your eligibility. Once you are deemed eligible, an appointment will be made with a provider. Eligibility to remain a patient is determined annually.
IMPORTANT: Clients may be denied service for medical non-compliance, abusive, inappropriate or disruptive behavior, or providing false information, or documents. If you are denied services you may apply to the appeals committee.
Make sure you have everything you need for your appointment with our downloadable checklist. Click the button below to get your checklist.
Click the button below to download the New Patient Information Packet we’ll need from you. Fill out the form and bring it along with the necessary documents from the eligibility checklist.