HANDS Chaplain Program
Seeking Faith-Based Partners
The HANDS Clinic recognizes that healing requires a holistic approach and welcomes the participation of faith-based partners. The HANDS Chaplain Program will collaborate with local faith-based organizations whose congregations need access to health care. Participating faith-based organizations will:
- Have the opportunity to provide Chaplain Services at the HANDS Clinic on a rotating schedule.
- Receive training on the HANDS Clinic eligibility and referral process to facilitate health care access among their congregations.
- Elect a representative from the HANDS Chaplain Program to participate on the St. Lucie County Health Access Network.
- Recruit health care providers and other volunteers within their congregations. Recruitment goals will be based on demographics and size of congregation.
- Be encouraged to financially support the Clinic by taking collections or making HANDS a special project.